Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
'The Lactation Consultant is responsible for assessment, planning, education, and discharge planning for lactation counseling.
'1. Responsible for assessment, planning, education, and discharge planning for lactation counseling.
2. Acts as resource person for staff for specialty area.
3. Counsels lactating mothers on an inpatient basis and outpatient basis for Akron Children’s Hospital Lactation Counseling Center.
4. Responsible for identifying pre-natal care, lactation counseling, and infant care education/support group needs in the community and for assisting with the Center’s program development and program implementation in these areas.
5. Responsible for the Center’s boutique operations.
6. Other duties as required
1. Experience in counseling lactating mothers is required.
2. Experience in developing new programs is preferred.
3. Experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams is preferred.
4. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
5. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
6. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Associates degree in Nursing [ADS] is required. Bachelors in Nursing [BSN] is preferred. For employees hired after July 1, 20
3., BSN is required or must be obtained within 5 years from date of hire.
2. Certification: Registered Nurse licensure is required.
• Current Health Care Provider BLS training from the American Heart Association is required.
• International Board Certified Lactation Consultant is required
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is required.
4. Years of experience supervising: None
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: