Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
On Call Rotation
The Senior Systems Analyst develops, implements, upgrades and maintains software applications, including interfaces, automated workflows and custom reporting
1. Works with vendors, users and IS staff to determine root causes of system problems and to implement effective solutions.
2. Demonstrates advanced trouble-shooting skills.
3. Interacts directly with all levels of the organization to assist in the development of application requirements and to make system recommendations.
4. Participates in development of test plans and in the testing of new applications or changes/upgrades to existing ones.
5. Develops a solid understanding of operational business processes and leverages that knowledge to identify opportunities for improvement.
6. Develops and maintains interfaces between internal systems and with third-party vendors, including design, development, testing, implementation and documentation.
7. Uses query and report writing tools to create and validate reports, to validate system changes and to help resolve application problems.
8. Supports and/or extends automated workflows, including design, development, testing, implementation and documentation.
9. Coordinates efforts of IS, operational staff and vendors to resolve issues, escalating as necessary.
10. Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and resource availability, communicating schedule impact as appropriate to operations and IS management.
11. Demonstrates knowledge of integrated systems and their dependencies.
12. Mentors team members by sharing technical and applications knowledge and trouble-shooting techniques.
13. Participates in on-call rotation. Addresses on-call issues according to SLA guidelines. Transfers issues to other teams as appropriate.
14. Works with process owners, Project Managers, IS and vendors on upgrades and ongoing optimization of applications.
15. Works flexible hours as necessary to support implementations, upgrades and disaster recovery testing.
16. Adheres to change management policy, including creation of test plans, end user approval and appropriate communication to all involved.
17. Works on multiple projects simultaneously.
18. Attends meetings as appropriate and assumes responsibility for completion of assigned items.
19. Works independently and as part of a team
20. Tracks progress of assignments and keeps management informed of ongoing status.
21. Keeps current with system functionality changes from optimizations and upgrades.
22. Participates in on-going professional development opportunities, including vendor training and user conferences.
23. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
2. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
3. Epic Bridges experience is preferred.
4. InterSystems Healthshare Ensemble experience is preferred.
5. Cache Database experience is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Associates Degree is required; Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
2. Certification: None.
3. Years of relevant experience: 5+ years of interface experience is required.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: