Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The registered nurse provides a skilled level of care to select patients by assessing and monitoring their physical condition, supporting and teaching, and providing personal care to increase the level of comfort during the time they are present with the patient. Skilled professionals must assume responsibility for, but not be restricted to the following: Ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient, Development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any) and caregivers, Providing services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care, Patient, caregiver, and family counseling and education, Preparing clinical notes, Communication with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care, Participation in the agency’s QAPI program, and Participation in agency-sponsored in-service training.
1. Provides patient care as ordered
2. Administers medication accurately
4. Demonstrates self directed behavior
Education and Experience
1.Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, licensed and currently registered as a professional nurse in the State of Ohio.
2. Six months of nursing experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: home health, pediatric or long term care experience or for newly graduated RNs completion of a preceptorship until deemed competent in skills.
3. BSN preferred.
4. For new employees hired into positions posted on or after July 1, 2013– BSN required or must obtain BSN within 5 years from date of hire.
5. Current CPR certification is required.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: