Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Licensed Practical Nurse with Medication Designation License assists in assessing, planning, and delivering nursing care for a group of patients under the delegation of a Registered Nurse. Assists in patient/family education as well as teaching staff members within her own capabilities and under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Provides to individuals and groups nursing care requiring the application of basic knowledge of the biological, physical, behavioral, social, and nursing sciences at the direction of a licensed physician, dentist, podiatrist, chiropractor, or registered nurse.
1. Performs assessment duties.
2. Performs planning duties.
3. Performs nursing care delivery duties.
4. Participates in educational efforts of the department and unit.
5. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age and developmental status.
6. Other duties as required.
1. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
2. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
3. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Graduate from an accredited school of practical nursing is required.
2. Certification: Licensed Practical Nurse with Medication/IV Designation licensure is required or eligible for certification.
• Current Health Care Provider BLS training from the American Heart Association is required.
• If assigned to general care units, PEARS is required.
• If assigned to critical care units, PALS, ACLS, TNCC, and/or NRP is required.
• If assigned to ED, Surgical Services, Sedation Services, Transitional Care/Epilepsy Monitoring Unit, and Transport, within 1 year of date of hire PALS, ACLS, TNCC, and/or NRP is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is required.
4. Years of experience supervising: None
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: