Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist works under the direct supervision of an anesthesiologist to deliver anesthesia for medical and surgical procedures.
1. Works under the direct supervision of an anesthesiologist to deliver anesthesia for medical and surgical procedures.
2. Provides patient care before, during and after a medical procedure or surgery by performing a patient assessment, preparing the patient for anesthesia, administering and maintaining the anesthesia to ensure proper sedation and pain management, overseeing patient recovery from anesthesia and caring for the patient's immediate post-operative needs.
3. Performs administrative functions for departments of anesthesia for the overall functioning of the department and directly affect the efficiency and quality of services provided.
4. Maintains an approved supervision agreement and review and revise as needed.
5. Leads and/or actively participates in unit/divisional or department performance improvement projects annually.
6. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in anesthesia as a CRNA is required.
2. Experience in pediatrics is preferred.
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Master’s degree in related field is required; Doctorate degree is preferred.
2. Certification: Registered Nurse licensure, CRNA certification, Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists certification, and ACLS certification is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: