Ohio based Akron Children’s Hospital seeks a medical geneticist to lead its growing genetics team. Akron Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children’s hospitals by US News and World Report.
This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
- Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
- More than 900 providers, who manage 1,000,000+ patient visits annually
- A network of more than 80 primary and specialty care locations
- An American College of Surgeons certified pediatric trauma center
- Partnership with an established team of geneticists and counselors affording exceptional work-life balance
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education; academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) is available and commensurate with experience
- Research and innovation available through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute and partnerships with NEOMED and area universities
- An attractive compensation and benefit package
The Genetics Director will oversee the clinical and research activities of a well-established team of 4 clinical geneticists, 8 genetic counselors, a nurse and a dietician, who work collaboratively to treat a wide range of both adult and pediatric patients with varied genetic disorders in Akron Children's Hospital’s Genetic Center. The Center’s clinical services are supported in part by the Ohio Department of Health, as a Regional Comprehensive Genetics Center.
This position offers opportunities for:
Requirements include MD, MD/PhD, or DO degree, board certification by the American Board of Medical Genetics and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio. Individuals with training in either Pediatrics or Internal Medicine, with experience in medical genetics are encouraged to apply.Expertise in biochemical and/or molecular genetics is desired. The director must have demonstrated leadership experience.
Akron Children’s Hospital is set in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley, just minutes south of Cleveland.From major league attractions to small-town appeal, the greater Akron area has something for everyone. The area is rich in history and cultural diversity, and provides a stimulating blend of outstanding educational, cultural and recreational resources. This four-season community will have outdoor enthusiasts thrilled with over 40,000 acres of Metro Parks for year round enjoyment. Northeast Ohio has become a premier destination to work, live, play, shop and dine!
To learn more, visit our website at www.akronchildrens.org or contact Jane Hensley, Physician Recruiter at 330-543-3015 or email email@example.com.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: