Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Business Analyst I prepares project plans and manages the development, implementation and/or upgrade of Projects and systems, including requirements definition and time line.
1. Prepares project plans and manages the development, implementation and/or upgrade of Projects and systems, including requirements definition and time line.
2. Tracks progress of projects and keeps management informed of ongoing status.
3. Facilitates meetings and works with hospital departments and vendors as necessary.
4. Works with users and Information Systems staff to understand system and business problems, identify root causes, and to develop and test solutions.
5. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in business or clinical systems is required.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Project management software is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Services or related field is required.
2. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
3. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: