Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Telehealth Coordinator functions as a key contributor to the Telehealth program and supports both current services and implementation of new services. This role serves as an advisor and facilitator to providers, staff, and stakeholders and maintains relationships with customer partners and telehealth vendors. Responsibilities include development and implementation of workflows and processes, on-boarding providers and staff, training, overseeing the collection of success metrics, and coordinating day-to-day operations.
1. Directly supports the strategic initiatives and operations of the organization by facilitating the development and growth of telehealth activities.
2. Works collaboratively with the Telehealth leadership to develop programs, protocols, and standard work instructions that support a successful telehealth program
3. Function independently as well as able to assist and/or lead a team of people in planning and organizing a number of tasks that must be accomplished by a specific date.
4. Must have excellent organization and communication skills to ensure successful implementation of multiple simultaneous projects. Escalates issues appropriately.
5. Acts as a liaison with all parties involved with the telehealth program; maintaining positive relationships and ensuring successful implementation and maintenance of the telehealth program.
6. Coordinates tasks associated with all phases of telehealth implementation and program management.
7. Utilizes knowledge of telehealth services and clinical workflows to develop a training program and is actively involved in training of all parties providing telehealth services.
8. Monitors key performance metrics and shares data with stakeholders
9. Ensures that telehealth best practices are identified and replicated across all service areas.
10. Stays current with the latest information about telehealth and acts as a resource to answer questions about telehealth-related legal/regulatory compliance and payer guidelines including reimbursement of services.
11. Other duties as required.
1. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
2. Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop and deliver communications to all individuals at all levels
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Experience with Epic software is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Associates degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, or related field is required; Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
2. Certification: RN degree preferred
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience managing programs or projects in a health care setting: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: