Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Day Shift, Every Other Weekend
The Pharmacist reviews, evaluates and verifies medication therapy orders for appropriateness of dose, route, interval, schedule and duration. Corrects significant drug-drug, drug-disease or drug-food interactions. Consults with licensed independent practitioners about medication use issues and documents interventions in medication therapy. Prepares and checks medication and answers drug information questions.
1. Performs basic clinical pharmacy services including drug therapy monitoring and pharmacokinetics.
2. Reviews and verifies medication orders.
3. Evaluates drug therapy orders for appropriateness of dose, route, interval, schedule and duration.
4. Corrects significant drug-drug, drug-disease or drug-food interactions.
5. Consults with licensed independent practitioners about medication use issues and documents interventions in medication therapy.
6. Medication preparation and checking, including oral, IV, chemotherapy and total parenteral nutrition.
7. Controlled substance dispensing and tracking.
8. Provides drug information.
9. Assists nurses and physicians with medication use issues.
10. Performs medication reconciliation.
11. Other duties as required
1. Experience in pediatrics/hospital pharmacy is preferred, but not required.
2. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor’s of Science in Pharmacy or Pharm D is required.
2. A Postgraduate year 1 Pharmacy (PGY1) Residency is preferred, but not required.
3. Certification: Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS) or Board Certified Pediatric Pharmacy Specialist (BCPPS) Certification is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: