Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
'The Medical Assistant assists in delivering individual care for a group of patients under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
1. Assists in delivering individual care for a group of patients under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
2. Assists in patient / family education within their own capabilities and under the direction of a licensed nurse.
3. Collects data that contributes to the assessment and evaluation of individualized care and needs of assigned patients under the direction of the licensed nurse.
4. Provides direct care [i.e.-vital signs, baths/beds, nutrition, transporting to other departments] or other nursing care to patients according to Hospital policy and procedure as delegated by the and under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
5. Participates in the educational efforts of the department and the nursing unit.
6. Other duties as required.
1. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
2. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
3. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: