Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
'The Supervisor EEG supervises the day to day operations and activities of the neurodiagnostic laboratory/ EMU.
1. Adds value as a key member of management; understands the business, financials, industry, customers and strategy.
2. Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, and manages performance to company goals and expectations.
3. Prepares, manages, and adheres to department budget to maintain expenditure controls.
4. Supervises the day to day operations and activities of the neurodiagnostic laboratory/ EMU.
5. Supervises technical staff, assists in the preparation of operating and capital budgets annually, orders equipment and supplies.
6. Supervises plans and helps develop training activities.
7. Performs high quality routine, digital, portable, and long term video EEG and elctrocerebral inactivity recordings.
8. Performs special tests such as evoked potentials and assist physician with EMG and nerve conduction studies.
9. Supports and promotes a team and performance improvement culture.
10. Participates in committees and other meetings as needed.
11. Supports hospital and division goals and objectives through daily staff coaching, mentoring, education and research initiatives.
12. Communicates with management regarding daily and strategic initiatives and opportunities. Participates in clinical care needed.
13. Is available on a 24-hour emergency basis.
14. Supervise, plan, review and perform work of electroneurodiagnostic technician
15. Assist in preparation of capital and operational budget, monitor expenditures, order supplies
16. Arrange equipment repair, servicing, purchases and contracts
17. Recruit, orient, train, in service, discipline and evaluate technicians
18. Assist in performance of neurodiagnostic studies done in lab/EMU
19. Monitor daily operations and activities of the lab and/or EMU
20. Other duties as required.
1. Experience as an electroneurodiagnostic technologist is required.
2. Experience as an electroneurodiagnostic technologist occurring after ABRET registry is required.
3. Experience with anatomy and physiology, basic electronics, and medical terminology is preferred.
4. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
5. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
6. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Certification: EEG registered by the American Board of Registered Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: