Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time, M-F Days
The Pharmacy Supervisor is responsible to assure proper IV room compliance of personal and equipment. The pharmacy supervisor conducts end process IV room validation testing on all staff members on an annual basis. Ensures all quality control procedures are performed on a monthly basis. Helps maintains appropriate documentation of all training/ annual competencies of pharmacy staff. Communicates with pharmacy manager about any circumstances or situations which has or may have serious impact to patients, staff or hospital. Carries out Hospital/Pharmacy policies and procedures and standards. Oversees drug and equipment recalls, assuring proper documentation. Assumes operational responsibility in the absence of the department manager.
- Coordinates daily workflow of the pharmacy technicians.
- Coordinates education for pharmacist and technicians.
- Assists with compliance with all Board of Pharmacy, Joint Commission, CMS and FDA regulations.
- Primary responsibility for ensuring compliance with USP 795,797,800 standards
- Takes call including weekends and assists in all emergencies
- Prepares schedules for the technicians
- Serves as an administrative team member in conjunction with the Manager and Director
- Assists with the interviewing of pharmacy employees
- Assists in the orientation and training of employees
- Assists with the creation of all department policies and procedures
- Time and Attendance Approver for technician staff
- Collaborates with manager on inventory management
- Oversees daily activities that support continuous quality improvement of patient care
- Assists in controlled substance monitoring and surveillance
- Ensures all packaging equipment and automation functions properly
- Ensures pharmacy operations meets meet all department mandated timeframes and deadlines
- Evaluates pharmacy technician staff competencies
- Maintains effective communication with all pharmacy staff (clinical coordinators, staff pharmacists and technicians).
- Participates in hospital department meetings
- Provides administrative leadership in the absence of the Manager or Director
- Fulfills all the duties of a staff/clinical pharmacist if needed. Processes medication orders and dispenses medication in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and department policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager or Director of Pharmacy Services
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in Pharmacy Management is preferred.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
- Education: BS or PharmD in Pharmacy is required.
- PGY1 and PGY2 Residency preferred.
- Certification: Ohio Pharmacy license is required.
- Years of relevant experience: Three years of hospital pharmacy experience required.
- Years of experience supervising: Two years preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: