Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
(2) 12 hour shifts. Variable times.
Rotating Holidays and Weekends.
Kidsport staff assists in the Intra-hospital transport of pediatric and adult patients as directed by standard work.
1. Recognizes changes in patient status and notifies appropriate personnel during intra-hospital transports.
2. Assists with procedures and monitoring of patients during procedures within departmental standards of care and practice.
3. Assists other staff members with inpatient care and movement/repositioning of patients.
4. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psych/ social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
5. Other duties as required.
1. Experience as a basic, intermediate or paramedic, or medical assistant is required.
2. Experience in pediatrics is preferred.
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
4. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
5. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Electronic health record software used for inpatient care and specialized electronic health record software used for transport is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Graduate of an accredited basic EMT, intermediate, paramedic or Medical Assistant program is required.
2. Certification: EMT-Paramedic or EMT-Basic licensure or Medical Assistant program is required; current Health Care Provider BLS training is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 1 year of paramedic experience is required.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: