Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
(4) 9 Hour shifts a week. Day shift.
The Transport Nurse Coordinator provides to staff individuals and groups, nursing care requiring specialized knowledge judgment and skill derived from the principles of biological physical, behavioral, social and nursing sciences for premature neonatal, pediatric and adult patients during transport in accordance with departmental standards of care and practice.
- Provides to staff individuals and groups, nursing care requiring specialized knowledge judgment and skill derived from the principles of biological physical, behavioral, social and nursing sciences.
- Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and directs support for staff providing for premature neonatal, pediatric and adult patients during transport in accordance with departmental standards of care and practice.
- Participates in the education of transport staff, patients, parents and staff at referring institutions/organizations.
- Provides direct supervision of nurses, paramedics and respiratory therapists dedicated to the transport department. Provides oversight of staff shift schedules and timecards.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide guidance for staff care of the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
- Provides clinical care during transport as needed.
- Other duties as required.
1. Experience in critical care is required.
3. Experience with pediatric and neonatal critical care preferred.
4.Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
5.Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is preferred. Electronic health record software used for inpatient care and specialized electronic health record software used for transport is preferred
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor’s in nursing [BSN] is required.
2. Certification: Registered Nurse licensure is required.
- Current Health Care Provider BLS training from the American Heart Association is required.
- NRP, PALS, and ACLS, and are required prior to the completion of orientation.
- EMT-B, Stable, and PFCCS - certifications are required within 1 year of hire; ABLS and TNATC certifications are required within 2 years of hire.
- Nursing Certification such as CCRN, CEN, CFRN, CTRN, or CNPT is required within two years of date of hire.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is required.
4. Experience supervising required.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: