Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
(2) 12 hour shifts
Rotating Holidays and Weekends.
The Paramedic Transport assesses and implements patient care as directed by protocol or the Dedicated Transport Nurse [DTN] or Neonatal Transport Nurse (NTN) for premature neonatal, pediatric, and adult patients during transport in accordance with departmental standards of care and practice.
- Maintains and ensures adequate vehicle operation and preparedness in accordance with departmental policy and appropriate local, state and federal regulatory organizations.
- Checks all transport equipment daily and logs checks on appropriate forms.
- Maintains all equipment so that it is in working order at all times.
- Performs preventive testing and refers any equipment that is not functional to the appropriate repair facility.
- Assesses the current status and immediate care needs of the critically ill neonate, pediatric or adult patient in the transport environment.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
- Staff may be temporarily dispatched to an area throughout the Akron Children’s Hospital enterprise to task and assist, based on patient needs requiring similar knowledge and skill.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience as a paramedic is required.
- Experience in critical care transport and pediatrics is preferred.
- Experience in burn care is preferred.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Electronic health record software used for inpatient care and specialized electronic health record software used for transport is preferred.
Education and Experience
- Education: Graduate of an accredited paramedic program.
- Certification: Certified EMT-Paramedic is required. BLS and ACLS are required. PALS, and NRP are required before the completion of orientation. STABLE, PFCCS or ATLS certifications are required within one year of hire. ABLS is required within two years of date of hire. Specialty credential such as CC-EMTP, CCP-C, or CNPT is required within two years of date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license without restrictions and acceptable driving record in accordance with policy is required. EVOC training is required within two years of hire.
- Years of relevant experience: 3 years required.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: