Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Every other Saturday/Sunday from 7:00pm - 7:30am
Holiday call required
Must be within 30 minutes to campus during on-call hours or be willing to stay on-site in on-call room
The Operating Room Technician is responsible for scrubbing on all surgical procedures as assigned.
1. Responsible for scrubbing on all major and minor surgical procedures as assigned.
2. Participates with patient assessments while planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care.
3. Performs circulating duties under direct supervision of a Registered Nurse to provide care and safety to all patients.
4. Responsible for maintaining operating room suite supplies, pulling procedures, assisting with continuing education, precepting, and orientation of all staff.
5. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psych/social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
6. Participates in various hospital activities as appropriate and as directed by the Manager
7. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in pediatric surgery is preferred.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is preferred.
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required; graduate from an accredited Surgical Technologist program is required.
2. Certification: Certified Surgical Technician (CST) and Basic Life Support (BLS) are required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: