Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Director - Pediatric Allergy/Immunology
Ohio-based Akron Children’s Hospital seeks a Division Director of Pediatric Allergy/Immunology to lead its expanding service line. Akron Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children’s hospitals by US News and World Report.
This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
- Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
- More than 800 providers, who manage 900,000+ patient visits annually
- A network of more than 80 primary and specialty care locations
- Robust research and innovation endeavors
The successful candidate will oversee the clinical and research activities of a well-established team of 5 Allergist/Immunologists, 2 advanced practice providers, and a clinical team that includes registered dieticians and pulmonary function technicians. Our team works collaboratively to manage over 15,000 patient visits per year across Northeast Ohio. We provide a complete array of diagnostic, treatment and consulting services for children and young adults with allergies, asthma, and immunological diseases. In addition, we conduct a variety of allergy tests including skin tests, blood allergy tests, and food challenge tests. Multidisciplinary specialty clinics include:
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis Clinic
- High Risk Asthma Clinic
- Atopic Dermatitis Clinic
This position offers opportunities for:
- Leadership in a free-standing, nationally ranked pediatric hospital
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education; academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is available and commensurate with experience
- Development of niche, multidisciplinary clinics, offering comprehensive, coordinated care
- Research and innovation available through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute and area universities
- An attractive compensation and benefit package
Requirements include board certification by the American Board of Medical Allergy & Immunology, board certification by the American Board of Pediatrics and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio. The director must have demonstrated leadership experience. Experience with the oversight of clinical trials and research is preferred.
Akron Children’s Hospital is set in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley, just minutes south of Cleveland. Akron is the 5th largest city in Ohio and is rich in history and cultural diversity, providing a stimulating blend of outstanding educational, cultural and recreational resources. This four-season community will have outdoor enthusiasts thrilled with over 40,000 acres of Metro Parks for year round enjoyment. Northeast Ohio has become a premier destination to work, live, play, shop, and dine!
Interested candidates may contact Jane Hensley, Physician Recruiter at 330-543-3015 or email@example.com. To learn more, visit our website at www.akronchildrens.org.