Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Assesses and recommends care for pediatric patients at the appropriate level based on approved medical protocols and information gained from the caller.
1. Provides general health information on a variety of topics related to pediatrics.
2. Relays general information about the hospital and services offered.
3. Assists family in selecting a primary care or sub specialist physician based on their multiple parameters.
4. Documentation of calls completed on an established computer data base.
1. Must have highly developed communication skills and the ability to make sound judgments independently.
2. Entry level computer and typing skills of 30 wpm necessary.
Education and Experience
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and currently licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Ohio, with a current Basic Life Support certification and a minimum of three years pediatric experience.
2. For new employees hired into positions posted on or after July 1, 2013–BSN required or must obtain BSN within 5 years of hire.
3. The preferred candidate would have at least three years experience here at Children’s and some pediatric critical care background.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: