Ohio-based Akron Children’s Hospital seeks a Pediatric Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) Specialist to join its expanding Division. Akron Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children’s hospitals by US News and World Report.
This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
· Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
· More than 800 providers, who manage 900,000+ patient visits annually
· A network of more than 80 primary and specialty care locations
· Robust research and innovation endeavors
· An American College of Surgeons certified pediatric trauma center
The successful candidate will join a dedicated team of four pediatric physiatrists and eight advance practice providers who work together to satisfy the needs of the NeuroDevelopmental Science Center’s (NDSC) growing patient population. The NDSC brings together the expertise of 6 pediatric specialties – Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Physiatry, Neuropsychology and Psychology to deliver quality, coordinated care to patients served. Specialty clinics include a Myelodysplasia clinic, Neuromuscular clinic, Traumatic Brain Injury clinic, Brachial Plexus clinic, Neuro-oncology clinic and a Spasticity program.
This position offers opportunities for:
· Partnership with an established team of physiatrists and advanced practice providers affording exceptional work-life balance
· Active involvement in medical student, pediatric resident and PM&R resident education; academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) is available and commensurate with experience
· Research and innovation available through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute and partnerships with NEOMED and area universities
· An attractive compensation and benefit package
· A $2,000 monthly fellowship stipend
Requirements include MD or DO degree, board eligibility/certification by the American Board of PM&R with subspecialty certification in pediatric rehabilitation medicine and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio.
Akron Children’s Hospital is set in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley, just minutes south of Cleveland. From major league attractions to small-town appeal, the greater Akron area has something for everyone. The area is rich in history and cultural diversity, and provides a stimulating blend of outstanding educational, cultural and recreational resources. This four-season community offers outdoor enthusiasts more than 40,000 acres of parks for year-round enjoyment. Northeast Ohio has become a premier destination to work, live, play, shop and dine.
Interested candidates should contact Jane Hensley, Physician Recruiter at 330-543-3015 or jhensley@akronchildrensorg. To learn more, visit our website at www.akronchildrens.org.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: