Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
(2) 8 hour shifts: 7:00am - 3:00pm and (2) 12 hour shifts: 7:00am - 7:00pm
Rotating Holidays and Weekends
The Burn Technician assesses and implements patient care as directed by the Burn Center Nurse for pediatric and adult patients in accordance with departmental standards of care and practice.
1. Contributes to the assessment and evaluation of the status and immediate care needs of the critically ill pediatric or adult burn/wound patient in collaboration with the Burn Center RN.
2. Functions within limits of standards set forth by State Emergency Medical Services Board, Department, and Hospital.
3. Coordinates and implements care for assigned patient within scope of practice.
4. Provides direct care, performs procedures and assists with procedures/treatments with attention to detail, accuracy, patient comfort, and safety.
5. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
6. Other duties as required.
1. Experience as a paramedic (1 year) is required
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required
3. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required
2. Certification: Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic licensure is required. BLS certification is required. PALS, ACLS, and ABLS certification required within 1 year of employment.
3. Years of relevant experience: 1 year of paramedic experience is required.
4. Years of experience supervising: None
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: