This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
• Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
• More than 900 providers, who manage 800,000+ patient visits annually
• A network of more than 80 primary and specialty care locations
• Robust research and innovation endeavors
The successful candidates will join a dedicated team of 8 pediatric neurologists, 4 epileptologists and 6 nurse practitioners who work together to satisfy the neurology needs of the NeuroDevelopmental Science Center’s (NDSC) growing patient population. The NDSC brings together the expertise of 6 pediatric specialties – Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Physiatry, Neuropsychology and Psychology to deliver quality, coordinated care to patients served. The Epilepsy Program is recognized by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers as a Level 4 Epilepsy Center and features a state-of-the-art 6-bed Epilepsy Monitoring Unit; an additional two beds will be added in 2018.
This position offers opportunities for:
• Partnership with an established team of neurologists affording exceptional work-life balance
• Active involvement in medical student and resident education; academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) is available and commensurate with experience
• Research and innovation available through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute and partnerships with NEOMED, Kent State University and The University of Akron
• An attractive compensation and benefit package
Requirements include MD or DO degree, board certification in Pediatric Neurology, board eligibility/certification in Pediatric Epilepsy and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio.
Akron Children’s Hospital is set in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley, just 30 minutes south of Cleveland. From major league attractions to small-town appeal, the greater Akron area has something for everyone. The area is rich in history and cultural diversity, and provides a stimulating blend of outstanding educational, cultural and recreational resources. This four-season community offers outdoor enthusiasts more than 40,000 acres of parks for year-round enjoyment. Northeast Ohio has become a premier destination to work, live, play, shop and dine.
Interested candidates should contact Jane Hensley, Physician Recruiter at 330-543-3015 or email@example.com. To learn more, visit our website at www.akronchildrens.org.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: