Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 800,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as we would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Akron Children’s Hospital seeks a Pediatric Allergist/Immunologist to join its expanding Division of Allergy and Immunology. Akron Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children’s hospitals by US News and World Report.
This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
· Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
· More than 800 providers, who manage 900,000+ patient visits annually
· A network of more than 80 primary and specialty care locations
· Robust research and innovation endeavors
The successful candidate will join a dedicated team of 5 Allergy/Immunology providers who manage over 15,000 patient visits per year. Akron Children’s Hospital’s Center for Allergy and Immunology offers a complete array of diagnostic, treatment and consulting services for infants, children, teens and adults with allergies, asthma and immunological diseases. A dietitian is available for patients with food allergies. Our team conducts a variety of allergy tests including skin tests, blood allergy tests and food challenges.
This position offers opportunities for:
· Partnership with an established team of providers affording exceptional work-life balance
· Active involvement in medical student and resident education; academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is available and commensurate with experience
· Development of niche, multidisciplinary clinics, offering comprehensive, coordinated care
· Research and innovation available through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute and area universities
· An attractive compensation and benefit package
Requirements include board certification in pediatrics or internal medicine, board eligibility/certification in Allergy/Immunology and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio. An interest in Asthma/Asthma care coordination is preferred.
Interested candidates may contact Jane Hensley, Physician Recruiter at 330-543-3015 or email@example.com. To learn more, visit our website at www.akronchildrens.org.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: