Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Ohio-based Akron Children’s Hospital seeks an Outpatient Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist to join its physician team. Akron Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children’s hospitals by US News and World Report.
This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
· Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
· More than 800 providers, who manage 900,000+ patient visits annually
· A network of more than 90 primary and specialty care locations
· An American College of Surgeons certified pediatric trauma center
· Over 5,000 employees, nurses and healthcare professionals
The successful candidate will join a well-established team of 12 Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists, who provide comprehensive mental health services. Inpatient care is provided in a 14 bed inpatient unit, staffed by Inpatient Psychiatrists who also serve as consultation liaisons to hospitalized patients. Outpatients are treated in the 20 bed partial hospitalization unit and through intense outpatient service programs. In addition, the Psychiatric Intake Response Center, located within the Emergency Department at Akron Children’s Hospital provides access to behavioral health services 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
This position offers opportunities for:
· Partnership with an established team of child and adolescent psychiatrists affording exceptional work-life balance
· Active involvement in medical student, resident, and fellowship education; academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) is available and commensurate with experience
· Research and innovation available through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute and partnerships with NEOMED and local universities
· An attractive compensation and benefit package
Requirements include MD or DO degree, board eligibility/certification in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio.
Akron Children’s Hospital is set in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley, just minutes south of Cleveland. From major league attractions to small-town appeal, the greater Akron area has something for everyone. The area is rich in history and cultural diversity, and provides a stimulating blend of outstanding educational, cultural and recreational resources. This four-season community will have outdoor enthusiasts thrilled with over 40,000 acres of Metro Parks for year round enjoyment. Northeast Ohio has become a premiere destination to work, live, play, shop and dine!
Interested candidates may submit their CV to Jane Hensley, via e-mail to email@example.com. To learn more, visit our website at www.akronchildrens.org or call 330-543-3015.