Akron Children's Hospital Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director - Pediatric Endocrinology
Ohio based - Akron Children’s Hospital is seeking a director to lead its Pediatric Endocrinology Division. Akron Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children’s hospitals by US News and World Report. The Hospital is also accredited by the American Diabetes Association, with recognition for Quality Self-Management and Education.
The Endocrinology Director will provide leadership and management for the Division’s clinical activities, ensuring that the highest quality clinical care is provided in an environment that fully embodies the principles of family-centered care. The Director will oversee the Division’s strategic planning initiatives for program development, quality, safety and risk management initiatives and develop and support the plan for recruitment and retention of clinical staff, human resource planning and career development.
The successful candidate will join a well-established team of pediatric endocrinologists, certified nurse practitioners and a comprehensive diabetes management staff who work together to provide top-notch care to the patients served in the Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology. The Center includes the only Turner Syndrome Center in the region. Additional services/clinics include:
- Cystic Fibrosis Clinic
- Metabolic Bone Disease
- Endocrine Complications of Cancer Survivors Clinic
- Transitional Care from Pediatric To Adult Patients
- Endocrine Complications Related to Obesity
- Type II Comprehensive Care
- Annual Diabetes Camp
This position offers opportunities for:
- Program development and leadership in a free-standing, nationally ranked pediatric hospital
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education; academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University(NEOMED) is available and commensurate with experience
- Research and innovation available through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute and partnerships with NEOMED and local university-based scientists with a variety of interests and expertise in clinical and translational research
Requirements include MD or DO degree, board certification by the American Board of Pediatric Endocrinology, demonstrated leadership experience and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio.
Akron Children’s Hospital is set in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley, just minutes south of Cleveland. From major league attractions to small-town appeal, the greater Akron area has something for everyone. As one of the largest cities in Ohio, Akron is rich in history and cultural diversity, providing a stimulating blend of outstanding educational, cultural and recreational resources.