Ohio based, Akron Children’s Hospital has an outstanding opportunity for the Division Director of Pediatric Psychiatry and Psychology. Akron Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and was recently named by Modern Healthcare as the fastest growing Children’s Hospital in the Nation!
Akron Children’s Hospital is nationally ranked by US News and World Report in six pediatric specialties and is an integrated healthcare delivery system that includes:
•Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
•700+ providers, who manage over 900,000 patient visits annually
•A network of 90+ primary and specialty care locations
•Robust research and innovation endeavors through the Rebecca D. Considine Research
•Academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is available and commensurate with experience
The successful candidate will lead a well-established multidisciplinary team of 11 Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists, 7 pediatric psychologists, 6 advanced practice nurses, 34 licensed professional clinical counselors, and social workers, who provide comprehensive mental health services for children, adolescents and their families. Our services range from a continuum of high acuity inpatient care to outpatient primary care pediatric offices. Other highlights include:
· Psychiatric Intake Response Center (PIRC) – co-located in the Emergency Department provides access to behavioral health services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
· Inpatient care-provided in a newly renovated state-of-the-art 24-bed inpatient unit, staffed by inpatient psychiatrists who also serve as consultation liaisons to hospitalized patients.
· Partial Hospitalization and intensive Outpatient Services
· Outpatient child psychiatry and therapy services
· Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship approved by ACGME
· Regionalization plan that includes telepsychiatry and therapy services embedded in our primary care practices.
In 2018, the outpatient and partial hospitalization services will be moving to a new, state-of-the -art location, currently under construction.
Requirements: The incumbent will be board certified in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, and will have the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio. He/she will have demonstrated leadership experience in clinical practice, research and medical education to attain the highest standards of patient care. Experience in Telepsychiatry is favorable.