What is Career Launch?
At Akron Children's Hospital, we recognize that there are far too many barriers keeping talented people out of the medical field. That's why we created the Career Launch program. By removing the financial worry of a return to school, employees and community members can build skills that will put them on the path to a stable career with advancement opportunities.
Read on to learn more about this unique and innovative program.
Career Launch offers educational opportunities in the following fields:
- ASCEND- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA)
- Medical Assistant (MA)
- Licensed Practical Nursing – Home Care Division (LPN)
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- EEG Technician
- Polysomnography Technician
- OR Technician
- Cardiac Sonographer
- Emergency Medical Technician – Basic
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Sterile Processing Technician
With Career Launch, you get more.
At Akron Children’s Hospital, we’re committed to serving the greater communities around us to build a team of professionals through our Career Launch program. We work with several schools that offer various degrees and certificates, allowing for students to pursue their passions in a multitude of areas. And, with new program tracks continually being added, as well as comprehensive financial/well-being benefits, Career Launch is designed for participants to thrive—now and in the future.Program benefits:
- We prepay all costs for tuition, uniforms, books, supplies and equipment
- We offer transportation and child care assistance (when needed)
- We pair each participant with a mentor selected for their expertise
- You’ll receive post graduation job placement at Akron Children’s Hospital
Hear it firsthand
Watch the video below for an overview of our two pathways to graduation, Career Launch and Career Launch Plus.
We look for candidates who strongly possess traits that align with our three promises:
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Preparing to Launch – Enrollment Process
To make sure candidates have considered the investment in time that the program will demand and the possible directions it will take their career, we’ve outlined the enrollment process. Watch each video below to learn more about the requirements for each program option.