Sometimes, applying for a job feels like just as much work as the job itself. Not at Akron Children’s Hospital.
Here, we strive to make the hiring process as smooth and simple as possible. After all, this is your initial opportunity to get to know us, and us, you. Positive impressions matter. The steps below give potential applicants insight into our hiring process.
1. Submitting an application
- Already have a resume? We encourage you to attach it to your application.
- No resume? No problem. You can complete an online application for any of our open positions. We highly recommend you fully complete your application showing all previous work history. This will help our talent team match you to all viable positions we have available.
- Need further assistance? Contact Human Resources at 330-543-8330.
2. After applying
- Have a question about the status of your application? Check the status of your application . Need assistance with your status? Contact Human Resources at 330-543-8330.
- A recruiter will review your application with the appropriate manager. If you are selected for an interview, a recruiter will call and/or email you to schedule a 30-minute screening call.
- If you are not selected for an interview, the recruiter will send you an email notification.
- Depending on the position requirements, you could be sent an online assessment to ensure you meet the qualifications.
3. The HR phone screen
- If you are selected, an Akron Children’s Hospital recruiter will call you to conduct a phone interview. This is the first step in the interview process and will provide information as to why you could be the best person for the job.
- Preparation is key! Akron Children’s Hospital uses Targeted Selection® behavioral-based interviewing during our selection process.
4. After your HR phone screen
If selected, you will be asked to interview with the hiring manager. Akron Children’s Hospital conducts interviews in teams and will sometimes ask you to shadow an employee currently in the role for which you are applying. Please speak with your recruiter about the requirements for interviewing and/or shadowing.
5. Manager interview
- Allow yourself enough time to park and check-in with security (downtown Akron location).
- All parking will be validated by the manager with whom you are interviewing.
- Come prepared by bringing a copy of your application or resume and by dressing professionally.
At Akron Children's Hospital, the health and safety of our patients, employees, volunteers and visitors are of utmost importance. We offer nicotine-, drug- and weapon-free environments at all our locations. If selected as final candidates, prospective employees must pass nicotine, drug and background screenings before employment.